Creasolv® Plant engineering Commissioned23-5-2016
The successful and well established conventional recycling of packaging EPS waste is not impacted as this does not contain flame retardants. Also recycling of left overs and cut offs from the building site of new EPS which all contain EPS with the new polymeric flame retardant, is not affected.
This process can be seen as the most sustainable form of raw material feedstock recycling contributing and stimulating to a more circular economy. It is targeted to roll out this recycling concept to other EU member states, whenever the EoL EPS is coming available, fully embracing the circular economy.
There are five different working groups active to build the information data base in order to progress this project further. These working groups cover: Waste handling legal frame work, Business case including logistic cost, Detail engineering work for the CreaSolv® based demo plant, Funding and advocacy.
In view of recent developments the following documents are relevant.
- Inclusion of the Creasolv technology in the two UNEP Basel Technical Guidelines
- ICL Destruction efficiency BRU for HBCDD
- Press release - Polystyrene loop foundation value chain
- Fraunhofer - Recycling of flame retarded waste polystyrene foams (EPS and XPS) to granulates free of HBCDD
- Creasolv leaflet - Closing the PS Loop
For more information please vsit the polystyreneloop.org website.